I’ll be honest, we don’t eat many desserts around here. I just don’t like to bake, and I don’t have much of a sweet tooth. But homemade strawberry pie and fresh whipped cream is irresistible.
- I cheated and used a frozen pie crust, this was a last minute decision to make pie. Preheat the oven and cook your pie crust while you make the filling.
- Cut 5 – 6 cups fresh organic strawberries, I like my pie full of strawberries! (use this same recipe for peach pie)
- 3/4 cup organic sugar (or coconut sugar 1:1 replacement)
- 3 T instant clear gel. – We get this in Landcaster at a bulk foods store.
- Mix your strawberries till they are a little bruised and the clear gel and sugar is thoroughly mixed in.
- Dump strawberry filling into cooled pie crust.
Fresh Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream (or if you have raw milk just scoop that fresh cream right off the top of your cow’s milk, yum!)
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (keep any eye out for my diy vanilla extract post.)
- Whip for about 2 minutes, not too long or you will have butter!
- Top your freshly made pie and enjoy!