Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day spent with those you hold dear. I am personally grateful for the sacrifices made for my freedom! Since I was relaxing with my family yesterday, this is “Monday’s” blog post, enjoy.
For those of you like me who are not fond of casseroles, you have got to try this one! Credit goes to my sister-in-love Rebecca for creating such deliciousness. She has a gift!
- 3 free range organic chicken breasts
- 1/8 cup Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz Alfredo sauce – or homemade Alfredo sauce (1/2 cup cream, 2 TBSP butter, 1/4 cup Romano cheese)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup scallions, snipped
- Rosemary, Salt and garlic powder to taste.
- 1/2 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled
Start out by cooking the chicken, or use leftovers from the night before.
While the chicken cooks put all your ingredients into a 9×13 Pyrex baking dish.
TIP: Keep scallions in a cup of water to use again and again.
Mix everything together and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated and cheese has melted. Stir several tomes through out cooking.
Feeds about 4 people. Serve over cooked rice or noodles.
I have lots of lettuce right now so I will have a salad with my casserole.
Can’t wait till the hubby comes home and we can eat dinner out on the patio. 😃